Cashous, 4, cancer, I wish to have a shopping spree (Credit: Make-A-Wish® South Carolina)
Interested in volunteering? You can bring even more strength to the Make-A-Wish team! Our need varies by chapter, but opportunities can be found in every community, across every state in the country. They include:
- Translator: A Make-A-Wish translator’s primary role is to understand and communicate the one true wish of a child with a critical illness, for families who don’t speak English fluently. Spanish speakers are most needed at each of our 62 chapters. Other languages needed vary by region. LEARN MORE
- Office worker: Assist chapter staff with phone calls, wish research, data entry, filing, mailings and more. Office workers help extend resources in its chapter to better serve our volunteers, partners, donors and wish families.
- Fundraiser: Work alongside chapter development and event staff to raise awareness of Make-A-Wish while increasing public support. You’ll serve as an ambassador for the organization by promoting a positive image and strong reputation of Make-A-Wish.
- Speaker: Present key information and share stories about Make-A-Wish to community organizations, corporations, schools and internal or external events. You’ll be a key player in increasing awareness and support of our mission.
- Wish granter: Meet with wish kids and their family members to determine the child’s most heartfelt wish. You’ll even brainstorm and plan wish enhancements, and work alongside chapter staff to ensure the child’s wish comes true.
Photo credit: Make-A-Wish Central and Western North Carolina
Visit your local chapter’s website to discover the available volunteer opportunities.
In celebration of World Wish Day®, volunteers around the globe are lending their muscle to the #ArmWrestleChallenge! Find out how you can get involved. BRING IT ON